Thom Rainer, Founder and CEO of Church Answers, shares where he sees opportunities for the church to stay on mission post-coronavirus, including:
- This is not a time to panic. We should be concerned, but the church has historically been through a lot of difficult times. It is a new missiological opportunity for the church.
- Our Western churches have primarily been vertical, meaning that they’ve grown through large mega churches. Now, we’re seeing more horizontal growth where there’s multi venues, and maybe even micro-sites now.
- Some churches have found that during quarantine, the church members have connected with community members better than they had before the pandemic.
- It’s a great time to rethink and re-engineer. This is an opportunity to make the necessary changes that you should have pre-pandemic.
Book Referenced in this Episode: The Post-Quarantine Church 6 Urgent Challenges and Opportunities That Will Determine the Future of Your Congregation
- Founder and CEO of Church Answers
- Served as president and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources
- Served for 12 years at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he was the founding dean of the Billy Graham School of Missions and Evangelism.
- He has been a pastor of four churches and interim pastor of ten churches.
- Graduate of the University of Alabama, MDiv and PhD degrees from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Written over 30 books, including three bestsellers: I Am a Church Member, Autopsy of a Deceased Church, and Simple Church.