Find this audio article on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWPMZ6pHm8&t=15s
If you like our audio articles, please support us by becoming a member or donating to our non-profit company:
The seven ancient wonders of the world were;
- The Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt
- The Hanging gardens of Babylon
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia in Greece
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria in Egypt.
These seven sites were known in Greek as Themata or ‘things to be seen’ which is now referred to as ‘must see’ sites. It was in 225 BCE when Philo of Byzantium listed these seven wonders, and they were further written about by Herodotus, Callimachus of Cyrene, and Antipater of Sidon. Of these great seven wonders, only the Great Pyramid of Giza remains.