Mike Bullmore on 2 Chronicles (Re-release
On this episode, Nancy Guthrie talked with Mike Bullmore about what may be one of the least-studied books in the Bible. The book of 2 Chronicles is rich in story and encouragement to trust God to be faithful to his promises. Bullmore is senior pastor of CrossWay Community Church in Bristol, Wisconsin, and author of _The Gospel and Scripture: How to Read the Bible_ (Crossway, 2011).
* Why study 2 Chronicles?
* How do we prepare people to understand the two histories of 2 Chronicles?
* What is the purpose of 2 Chronicles?
* What is the difference between 1–2 Kings and 1–2 Chronicles?
* What is the divine promise 1–2 Chronicles is arguing God will be faithful to?
* What is the angst of the situation in Judah?
* How does the chronicler’s record of Solomon reveal his purpose in writing?
* How does the theme of temple run throughout this book, and, in fact, through the whole Bible?
* How is Christ anticipated in 2 Chronicles?
* How should teachers bring content from the prophets into teaching 2 Chronicles?
* What kind of moral instruction is in 2 Chronicles?
* How do we teach 2 Chronicles 7:14 rightly?
Additional audio resources :
* Sermons on 2 Chronicles by Mike Bullmore
* Sermons on 2 Chronicles by Richard Pratt
Recommended print resources:
* Word Biblical Commentary Vol. 15, 2 Chronicles by Raymond B. Dillard
* 1 and 2 Chronicles, The Mentor Commentary by Richard Pratt
* 1 and 2 Chronicles, The NIV Application Commentary by Andrew Hill
* The Message of Chronicles by Michael Wilcock