Apr 26, 2023
Exploring the Unique Opportunities and Challenges of Affordable Housing Management
Affordable housing is in short supply across America, with prices and rents rising in all areas. The good news is, when it comes to increasing affordable housing supply, property management businesses are in a unique position to help.
However, while managing affordable units comes with many rewards and long-lasting benefits, it’s also not without its challenges, especially when compared to market-rate portfolios.
In this episode of The Top Floor podcast, you’ll hear from Jayme Deal, the Regional Property Manager and Compliance Director for Artisan Management Group, Josefin Graebe, AppFolio’s Senior Director of Affordable Housing, and Colleen Winship, the Program Manager for AppFolio’s Affordable Housing team. Tune in to hear them discuss all things affordable housing management, including solutions for overcoming its unique challenges.
* Defining affordable housing
* How some of the most common affordable housing programs work
* The affordable housing supply problem
* Who qualifies for affordable housing
* How affordable housing benefits the wider community
* The top challenges of managing affordable housing
* How to get compliance right
* Hiring and training team members to work in affordable housing
* How technology can streamline affordable housing operations
* More Affordable Housing resources from AppFolio: https://www.appfolio.com/affordable-housing-property-management
* A Closer Look at Affordable Housing: https://www.appfolio.com/blog/closer-look-affordable-housing/
* National Low Income Housing Coalition’s report on the affordable rental shortage: https://nlihc.org/gap