While we’re getting ready to launch season three of The Top Floor podcast, we decided to revisit two of our favorite conversations from season two.
In our first discussion, we spoke with Paula Munger, AVP of Industry Research and Analysis, and Leah Cuffy, Senior Research Analyst at the National Apartment Association, about today’s hiring and retention challenges in property management.
This talk came off the back of a recent National Apartment Association (NAA) report, sponsored by AppFolio, which surveyed property managers about the biggest challenges they face. The report revealed that 74% said that human resources, staffing, and recruitment were their top three challenges.
Following this, we share our talk with Stephanie Anderson, Senior Director of Content Strategy at Grace Hill, about property maintenance and its effect on your bottom line.
Many property managers could be leaving money on the table by not making their maintenance process more efficient. Stephanie outlines some ways property managers could fine-tune their processes and boost NOI.
Hear our guests discuss some of the top challenges and solutions for some of the biggest issues facing property management companies today.
• How COVID made hiring much more challenging for property management companies
• Why we’re in an employee’s market, and what that means for businesses
• Why companies need to adapt to attract top talent
• What employees are looking for in a role beyond salary
• Why we need to encourage more people to consider construction and hands-on work
• How the maintenance request process affects your NOI
• The challenges of estimating maintenance costs accurately
• 3 solutions for keeping maintenance costs manageable
• How to plan for time, resources, and expenses
• The benefits of making your maintenance request process digital
• Why you need a standardized way of handling maintenance emergencies
• How to avoid leaving money on the table when handling maintenance requests