On this episode, Detroit Labs team members Derek Quinn, Katrina Ohlemacher, and Kitty Garrison join Dan and Tobi to discuss accessibility in software, its importance in a “complete” software product, and best practices for planning and implementing digital products that are accessible to all users.
- What is accessibility as it relates to software?
- Why would we want to make our apps/websites accessible?
- Who are software accessibility features for?
- Governing laws around software accessibility
- What types of tools are out there to help build accessible products?
- Live example of what an app looks like without built-in accessibility features
- Google and Apple accessibility frameworks
- Accessible software design naturally leads to a good user experience
- Accessible software design is a mindset, not a checklist
- What makes you passionate about software accessibility?
- Software accessibility training at Detroit Labs
- It’s never too late to begin implementing software accessibility features
- Closing remarks
📌 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
📌 Digital accessibility training