May 7, 2017
Episode 16: Ericka Blount Danois
Ericka Blount Danois is an award winning author who has worked as a staff writer, editor, freelancer, and stringer for a number of publications including: Spin, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, ESPN The Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Vibe, and The Source. She also has written a non-fiction book on the history of Soul Train, entitled, Love, Peace and Soooooouul! The BRNDD hosts caught up with her to talk about her career over the past couple decades; from interviewing Pac to meeting former Cuban President Fidel Castro.
* 15:01: Behind the Scenes of All Eyez On Me and Rooming with Benny Boom
* 23:40 Journalistic fairness and the story behind Little Melvin
* 29:45 Working for Vibe and Covering Nas before illMatic
* 38:32 Writing for the Legendary Source
* 41:38 The world of Freelance Writers
* 44:29 Writing Love, Peace and Soooooouul!
* 51:25 the Transition from Traditional Print to Digital and Blogs
* 54:26 Black Comedy