In today’s episode, I’m speaking with Kara Osburn. Kara is a registered dietician who specializes in the treatment of severe disordered eating and eating disorders. As a dietician, she is also someone who struggled with disordered eating herself. Kara shares with us her transition into a private practice, the things she would change if she could go back to working in a residential treatment facility, and how to be successful once coming home from treatment. In this episode, we cover:
- What led Kara into becoming an eating disorder dietitian [1:58]
- The type of eating disorder she had and how she got help [3:04]
- Tips for those that are struggling with an eating disorder, but want to be a dietitian [4:11]
- How an eating disorder can become more sophisticated [6:47]
- What she would change if she could go back to the residential eating disorder center [10:14]
- Being successful after leaving a residential treatment facility [16:15]
- Tips for those that are in recovery and wanting to get pregnant [21:37]
- Why she joined the Online Entrepreneur Academy and what she’s most proud of [27:08]
Connect with Kara:
This episode is sponsored by the Online Entrepreneur Academy. Are you a dietitian or female wellness expert that's feeling undervalued in your job? Not passionate about what you're doing, or are you working one to one with clients now and want to scale your private practice to group an online coach courses and programs, then OEA is perfect for you. This is a three month high touch coaching program and we are currently enrolling for our next cohort.
Apply for the Online Entrepreneur Academy here.