Did you know that 1 in 2 American women will fracture a bone due to osteoporosis? As a woman, it is essential that you care about your bone health. For those that have struggled with an eating disorder and period loss, those can be huge contributing factors to early onset osteoporosis. But there are things that we can do in our daily lives to help us lower that risk of losing bone at such a quick rate. Today, I’m speaking with Rachel Ridgeway. Rachel is an Osteoporosis and Senior Fitness Specialist, as well as the owner of Ridge Senior Fitness, a company that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for older adults. Her focus is teaching strength and balance techniques to help all of her clients age gracefully and prevent future injuries. In this episode, we cover:
- How the loss of your period can impact bone health (1:12)
- How Rachel got started in focusing on bone health (5:18)
- Why we should care about our bone health (7:24)
- The signs of osteopenia (12:51)
- What kind of content Rachel shares with her audience (17:30)
- The first step women can take if they feel like they need help (20:05)
- What encouraged Rachel to join the Online Academy (25:12)
- Rachel’s biggest fear when it came to niching down (30:01)
- The best and worst parts of social media growth (36:24)
- The income and lifestyle changes Rachel experienced after being in the Online Academy (40:04)
- Different ways you can train to improve bone health (45:04)
This episode is sponsored by the Online Entrepreneur Academy. Are you a dietitian or female wellness expert that's feeling undervalued in your job? Not passionate about what you're doing, or are you working one to one with clients now and want to scale your private practice to group an online coach courses and programs, then OEA is perfect for you. This is a three month high touch coaching program and we are currently enrolling for our next cohort.
Apply for the Online Entrepreneur Academy here.