Sailing the World With Sailing Ruby Rose
Nick Fabbri and Terysa Vanderloo of Sailing Ruby Rose are the first sailing couple to come on Badass Digital Nomads podcast! After leaving their careers as a dentist and a paramedic in London behind, Nick and Terysa set off to sail the world and never looked back.
In this podcast, they share the details of their original plan and what they've learned from three years at sea.
They talk about what happens after you've had enough sunsets and rum punches - and how they came to realize that they craved more connection, community, and mentally stimulating work to balance out their lifestyle of complete freedom.
They also describe the many cool features of their boats, Ruby Rose and Ruby Rose 2, the highs and lows of living life on the sea, and the lessons they’ve learned while exploring the globe.
They also talk about detoxing from social media, practicing mindfulness, and the courage it takes to step outside of your comfort zone, take risks, and learn new skills to support yourself from anywhere.
If you’re interested in learning how to fund your travels while living on a boat full-time, you’ll certainly benefit from listening to this conversation with Nick and Terysa. As they say, life is about expressing yourself, sharing your story with the world, and connecting with others along the way!
TOPICS DISCUSSED/WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
* Why Nick and Terysa were drawn to the sailing lifestyle.
* How to overcome the lack of knowledge that holds people back from pursuing a nomadic lifestyle of full-time travel.
* The benefits and challenges of living on a sailboat.
* How society keeps us tethered to a certain work/life structure and what it takes to break free from the shackles of society.
* The defining characteristics it takes to step outside of your comfort zone and take risks.
* How to cope with experiencing feelings of anxiety, depression, and loneliness - even when you’re living a freedom lifestyle.
* The importance of staying in a country long enough to establish a community or friend circle and learn the local culture.
* What to do after the initial excitement of travel wears off.
* How they learned how to make YouTube videos and how they come up with ideas for content.
* Their candid thoughts on quality vs. quantity when it comes to content creation.
* Why they transitioned from a monohull to a catamaran.
* Where they’ve sailed so far and where they plan to travel next.
* Which countries have the cheapest mobile internet.
* The near-death experience Kristin had on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico.
* Why did you decide to quit your jobs to travel?
* How do you deal with being far away from friends and family?
* How did you learn your creative skills, like writing and making videos?
* How do you support yourselves financially?
* How do you find fast enough WiFi to work remotely from a boat?
* What advice would you give your past selves ten years ago?
* And much more!
* Get your first international transfer up to £500 for Free with a TransferWise borderless bank account
* Book: The Untethered Soul by Michael Alan Singer
* Book: The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
* Documentary: The Social Dilemma
* Podcast: Interview with Surf Photographer, Jimmy Wilson
* MAIB (Marine Accident Investigation Branch)
* Curve of Cultural Adaptation
* Starlink (Internet by Elon Musk)
* GoogleFi WiFi
* Dopamine Detox Video
RUBY ROSE SAILING VIDEOS:
* Seawind Catamaran Review Video
* Catamaran Design Playlist
CONNECT WITH SAILING RUBY ROSE:
* Follow Nick and Terysa on YouTube
* Sailing Ruby Rose Website
* Sailing Ruby Rose Patreon
* Sailing Ruby Rose Instagram
Thank you to my 2021 Patrons! Teklordz, Trader Walt, Shawn, Karen, Christine, Erik, Heather, Colin, Craig, RZ, Timothy, James, Richard, Fred, Lakshay, Issac, George, Scott, and Michael.
My goal is to create a community of 100 Patrons in 2021. You can become a Patron for $5/month at Patreon.com/travelingwithkristin and see all my YouTube videos first, attend monthly live streams, submit questions for the podcast, and be the first to find out about special offers and guests, as well as the chance to participate in beta programs at free or discounted rates.
Support the Badass Digital Nomads Podcast:
* Become a Patron for $5 per month
* Leave a 5* Review: https://lovethepodcast.com/digitalnomad
* Buy Official Merch
* More Episodes: www.badassdigitalnomads.com
Connect with Kristin on Social Media:
* Follow on Instagram
* Subscribe to Traveling with Kristin on YouTube
* Subscribe to Digital Nomad TV on YouTube
* Join the Badass Digital Nomads Facebook Group
Podcast descriptions may contain affiliate links of products and services we use and recommend at no additional cost to you.