Kevin recently came up with a few simple steps to starting your own podcast. This doesn't go into the details of marketing it, but it does give a few pointers for getting it up and running. Here are the five simple steps you should take:
1. Pick your style of podcast
- Solo, multiple people, roundtable discussion
2. Choose the length of your podcast
- 5-10 mins (good for daily broadcasting)
- 30-60 mins (good for weekly episodes)
- 60-90 min (best for monthly podcasts)
3. Choose your equipment
- It doesn’t have to be fancy. Start with your phone or laptop.
4. Choose your software
- You’ll need recording software and publishing software
5. Just launch it
- Publish your episode, get feedback, then improve
A lot of people will overthink this and will want to get everything perfect before starting. But the most important thing to remember is to just do it. Get used to the sound of your voice being recorded, publish your first couple of episodes, get feedback from others and then get better.
Erik J. Olson is an award-winning digital marketer & entrepreneur. The Founder & CEO of Array Digital, he is also the host of the Journey to $100 Million Flash Briefing and daily podcast, and the organizer of the Marketers Anonymous monthly meetups.
Kevin Daisey is an award-winning digital marketer & entrepreneur. He started his first company when he was just 23, and is the Founder & CMO of Array Digital. Kevin is also the co-host of the Journey to $100 Million Flash Briefing and daily podcast, and the co-organizer of the Marketers Anonymous monthly meetups.
For more information on the show, and to check out past episodes, go to journeyto100million.com!