Today on the show I talk to online entrepreneur and mentor James Schramko about his new book Work Less, Make More. James is based in Sydney Australia and has started, developed and sold multiple successful businesses.
A passionate father, investor, surfer, husband, coach, mentor and lover of freedom, James excels in making the complex world of business simple so that your quality of life can improve.
When James started online he was a General Manager working with Mercedes-Benz commanding a large team of employees in a multi-million dollar business by day and an online marketer by night.
Since buying his first laptop in 2005 James has sold well over TEN million dollars online.
What is covered in this episode:
- How he meant from working for car dealership to surfing everyday
- Why it is less risky to have multiple income streams
- How the choices you make generally dictate your results
- The black hole of personal effectiveness
- Why working more isn’t the answer
- The importance of tracking time and working out your effective hourly rate
- The talent trap
- Knowing that all tasks are not equal
- The importance of having an offer that converts
- Why the shiny latest software isn’t always the answer to business efficiency
- Cashflow, tax and the profit formula
- The benefits and growth of the recurring subscription model
- Identify compromises in your business
- Understanding the importance of owning the racecourse - that is the asset that you can control and use other platforms to bring people to your asset
- The problems of building on someone else’s land