Updating your Facebook page each day doesn't constitute a digital strategy for your small business. Today we talk about what it is and how it can help to future-proof your business.
A Digital Strategy is one of the most important documents you can now have in your business. We are all familiar with the importance of having a clearly defined and documented Business Plan for our business, to set our vision and strategy.Very few businesses however understand the importance of a clearly defined & . documented Digital Strategy. In this episode I outline what a digital strategy is and how it is so much more than a scheduling posts to Facebook and Social Media.
What is covered in this episode:
- What is a digital strategy and why you need one
- Case studies of businesses that didn't have a digital strategy and the impact that had on their industry
- Why a digital strategy is not just your social media and marketing activity
- The different components of a front-end and back-end digital strategy
- The digital life cycle of consumers
- Identifying where your customers fit in the digital spectrum
- The importance of identifying the trends in your industry and how that can impact your product delivery
- Why you need to build your business on your own assets such as your website and not on rented land or third party assets that you can't control such as YouTube and Instagram
- Back-end digital issues you need to consider around protection and security