Mar 16, 2023
Episode 89 - Designing Enjoyment with Mark Alves from MAP Architects
In this episode of the Build Hatch Podcast, we had the opportunity to speak with Mark Alves from MAP Architects.
In this episode we talk about:
* Growing up in Sydney, Mark’s childhood dream was to become an architect, without any external factors.
* Studying at UTS and his experience whilst at university.
* The dropout rate of budding architects and, learning to manage the workload.
* After finishing Uni, Mark took an overseas holiday and then arrived home and looked for work.
* His first residential Architectural role, where he stayed for 10 years and, the type of jobs he enjoyed.
* The strong relationship with between Mark and boss Russel, who encouraged Mark to start his own business while under Russel’s wing.
* Mentorship, learning from each other and strong relationships.
* His most popular project was a contemporary Mediterranean styled home in local Sydney.
* Senior living residents in and creating a community with clubhouses, amenities and other facilities.
* Mark explains the term ‘manufactured housing’ and the permanent nature of these buildings.
* Sydney and the Hunters Hill construction Market.
* Mark says, ‘People still see value in their home living spaces, no matter the external factors.’
* Picking and choosing the work that Mark, and his team at MAP, enjoy working on.
* For Mark, downtime is all about family life.
* Mark’s long-term goal of travelling the world so his children can see their heritage.
* The future for MAP Architects.
Sit back and enjoy this helpful interview with Mark Alves from MAP Architects
Follow @buildhatch on Instagram
Follow @map.arch on Instagram