Our guest Jenny Hoffman has a background in both architecture and construction, she founded her company, J. Hoffman Studio, in 2015 with a focus on designing and building custom modern dream homes.
Not only does she design and build some pretty cool homes and spaces, but this pro immerses herself in the industry. She currently serves as a national delegate on the NAHB Leadership Council and is an advocate for professional women in our industry.
Show highlights include:
- Are you a woman in construction? Here’s how to get support and create connections with other professionals in the field (2:20)
- Get over the idea that we need to “appear” that we know what we are doing (4:22)
- Turn sexism and mansplaining into an advantage as a woman working in construction (17:05)
- How to avoid feast or famine income when you’re spending all your time fulfilling current projects and can’t focus on generating new leads (21:56)
- Let’s figure out what you’re really good at... (25:22)
- Getting involved with a business coach was a game changer (28:44)
- Why appearing foolish gives you a competitive advantage over everyone else in your industry (32:19)
- How growing too quickly sacrifices your relationship with clients and can bankrupt your business (35:25)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.