Luke Summerfield wakes up each morning excited to discover, experience, and share moments of inspirations. He does this at HubSpot, advising startups, writing, and speaking.
He founded the Growth-Driven Design movement which is transforming the world of web design. In the first twelve months, they grew from 0 -> 940 agencies in 50 countries offering GDD services to clients. Previous to HubSpot, Luke helped grow a digital marketing agency until it was acquired in 2014.
Outside of work, he trains Mixed Martial Arts / Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and rough houses with his pug puppy, Mac.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Growth-driven design: what this “smarter way to do web design” is all about
- Why the platform you use for your website doesn’t matter with growth-driven design
- How growth-driven design was born out of the pain both agencies and clients felt around web development and why this system is so much better than previous ways of doing web dev
- Step 1: getting an empathetic understanding of your client’s audience’s world
- Step 2: building a “launch pad” website -- something that looks and performs better than what the client already has but is not the final product
- Step 3: continually improving websites
- How to sell and price growth-driven design to clients
- Why you should always sell at least 15 hours a month of growth-driven design and why you need at least a six month engagement from a client
- The stats that prove that growth-driven design gets more leads than traditional design
- Why growth-driven design still works great when you outsource the coding piece of web design
- All the assets Luke has on his website
Ways to contact Luke Summerfield:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!