In early November of 2022, the SupplySide West convention was held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, showcasing the premiere ingredients and technology in the dietary supplement and functional food industries.
As is tradition, Team PricePlow met with Team Nutrition21 to catch up in-person — Nutriton21 being the industry-leading developer and supplier of dietary supplement ingredients well-known for ingredients such as Nitrosigine, nooLVL, Chromax, and Velositol.
Mike and Ben met with Todd Spear (Sports Nutrition Category Leader) and Katie Emerson (Manager of Scientific Affairs) to discuss the latest research and industry trends coming out of both the industry at large and Nutrition21’s team.
This was a fun, informative, and fast-paced conversation where you get to meet some of the personalities behind the brands. We cover all four of Nutrition21’s ingredients listed above, discuss their research, potential opportunities, and the reasons these ingredients are important in today’s dietary landscape.
- (0:00) – Opening
- (2:00) – Nitrosigine
- (3:15) – Nitrosigine and Cognitive Function
- (3:45) – nooLVL vs. Nitrosigine
- (5:30) – What is inositol?
- (7:00) – The problems with traditional L-arginine
- (8:30) – The big scoop craze
- (9:30) – Vasodilation and Lowering of Blood Pressure
- (10:30) – Testing ingredients on gamers
- (12:00) – Early experiences with Nitrosigine
- (15:00) – Nitrosigine Dosing
- (19:00) – The point of no return for pumps?
- (21:30) – A transition back to lower-cost pre-workouts
- (23:30) – The University of Arkansas Study
- (25:30) – Stick Packs and Sachets
- (26:30) – Comparing ingredients fairly and measuring them
- (29:45) – Any ingredients NOT to combine Nitrosigine / nooLVL with?
- (32:15) – Velositol
- (35:00) – Soil mineral levels are worse than ever – need to supplement
- (37:00) – Nutrient timing
- (42:00) – Looking at actual endpoints from Velositol use
- (44:15) – Velositol does even more than what’s currently claimed
- (44:50) – Velositol and Collagen?!
- (49:00) – Velositol should be in protein bars!
- (50:00) – Appetite suppression from chromium?
- (52:00) – Body awareness and fitness/nutrition
- (55:00) – Bucking the age-old trends of bad nutritional advice
- (58:30) – What’s next for Nutrition21?