In this episode, host Nalin talks to Josh Patton about marketing for Animo: Cross Trainers that raised $21,545 on Kickstarter.
- [2:00] What Animo: Cross Trainers is about, and how this narrowed down the marketing to a specific market.
- [6:06] Collecting emails in niche specific conventions, announcing upcoming expansions, and using facebook ads as part of the pre launch marketing campaign.
- [10:36] Understanding the audience: After getting visitors to the landing page, using this information to re target the facebook ads and get new leads.
- [15:11] Having small giveaways of the game cards at conventions as an incentive to start conversations and collect emails.
- [20:35] Creating sales flyers for customers inviting them to check other products on the series when they buy one.
- [22:41] The 3 emails sent on the week prior to launch to remind people and build excitement about the campaign.
- [24:06] Using facebook groups to share the launch day.
- [25:55] Having a giveaway and a monthly facebook challenge helped in the live campaign as an organic promoter, since people were sharing the kickstarter site with their own networks.
- [31:49] The most successful marketing strategy was having a limited personalized premium reward at the very beginning of the campaign.
- [36:54] The new projects coming up.
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/animogames/crosstrainers-series-2-of-animo
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.