In this episode, host Nalin talks with Sam and Tyler from Ejected Planet about the creation and marketing process for Dice Command and how they’re planning on growing their brand. How they converted people they met on Instagram through playtesting experiences into backers and fans. Check out their whole experience launch and getting fully funded!
- [01:37]: Launching a board game experience through Tabletopia.
- [06:37]: Using playtesting and social media organic relationships as a pre-launch marketing strategy.
- [11:19]: Most of their backers came from the “notification follow” subscriber. This method was extremely effective although publishing it months in advance.
- [18:17]: Getting reviews and promotion from small and medium-sized influencers and YouTubers can help your game reach out to a smaller but more tight together community.
- [23:14]: It’s absolutely possible to DIY your campaign page, but the most important thing is to research thoroughly what other campaigns in the same niche have done.
- [26:21]: Never leave a page and social channels without updates! Try to keep people hyped up by the upcoming launch the weeks prior to it.
- [28:47]: Using conventions offline and online throughout the middle days of the campaign and how it converted to actual backers.
- [35:03]: Organic reach out was the best marketing strategy: giving people the chance to actually play the game and get feedback on it.
- [39:04]: How they’re planning on moving forward with the brand and what they’ve learned from this first experience.
- [40:43]: How you can get in touch with Ejected Planet.
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Ejected Planet website: https://www.ejectedplanet.com/
Ejected Planet Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ejectedplanet/
Ejected Planet Twitter: https://twitter.com/ejectedplanet
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.