In this episode, host Nalin talks to Chris Rossetti about marketing for Galaxy Dice that raised $16,115 on Kickstarter.
- [3:21] Taking an early passion in games and creating a business out of it
- [5:33] The importance of a good pitch video
- [7:53] Investing heavily in the art upfront since it is the first thing people see for a game
- [9:45] Being very active in The Game Crafter community and building long-term relationships with other game designers
- [12:01] Not paying for reviews of the game and connecting with new and upcoming cerators in that way
- [15:00] The exact elements Chris makes sure to include in all his Kickstarter videos
- [17:57] Purchasing an easy-to-remember domain that automatically redirects to his Kickstarter page
- [22:01] How to create an enticing pricing strategy to get people to back, especially the no-brainer pricing strategy
- [30:53] Finding engaged fans and brand ambassadors to spread the word about the game
- [34:06] Building a Kickstarter launch model to continue designing and launching games as a hobby
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Galaxy Dice Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/603343698/galaxy-dice
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.