The Book Interrupted women begin Season Two with “What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing” by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry. Each member expresses individually how they feel either before reading or beginning to read “What Happened to You”, then they continue the discussion into a group chat. Through the topics of their childhoods, emotional regulation, and trauma, they talk about their lives, inspired by the words of the book.
- Personal journals - what are the first impressions of the book?
- What happened to you, not what is wrong with you
- How do you regulate your emotions?
- What happened to us in our childhoods that made us who we are now
- The conversational format of the book - did you like it?
- How can this book help the friends and family of those who’ve experienced trauma?
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Book Interrupted Website
Book Interrupted YouTube Channel
Book Interrupted Facebook Book Club Group
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry
Dr. Gabor Maté’s The Wisdom of Trauma
Armchair Expert with Dax Shepherd
Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life: Life-Changing Tools for Healthy Relationships by Marshall B. Rosenberg