Spiderman, déjà vu, synesthesia, Cyndi Lauper, A Million Little Pieces, apologies, community, asking for help, and making friends as an adult. Lots of tangents this week! The women continue their chat inspired by “What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing” by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry.
- Déjà vu - is it mindfulness, something we don’t understand about time, a sign from the universe, or something else?
- Synesthesia - are your senses linked?
- The new Spiderman movie and do you like movie previews?
- Restrictions in different parts of Canada
- Controversy about A Million Little Pieces, author James Frey and Oprah Winfrey, Cancel Culture, and apologies
- Cyndi Lauper - do you like her music?
- The importance of community in raising children, making new friends as an adult, and asking for help can be difficult
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Book Interrupted Website
Book Interrupted YouTube Channel
Book Interrupted Facebook Book Club Group
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry
Spider-Man: No Way Home
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
Oprah Confronts James Frey
Oprah and James Frey Clear the Air