Kevin Robertson is back on the again to talk with us about elephant conservation. As always, he has some great stories to share with us and we dive deep into another touchy subject when it comes to elephants. You’re going to learn what the real deal is about elephant populations in Africa and what the future holds for us if we keep going down the path we’re on now.
1) Story demonstrating how intelligent elephant are and how they can communicate over long distances.
2) A brief overview of elephant: what they are, where they live, how big they get, and their natural history.
3) How much an elephant will eat on a daily basis.
4) Why elephant populations are increasing in parts of Africa and how current numbers compare to what they used to be.
5) What can happen to the environment when elephant populations get too high.
6) Why contraception and relocation are extremely difficult or impractical means of dealing with elephant overpopulation.
7) How long elephants live and the cause of death for most elephant.