Rich Williams, Mark Holmes and Broadcaster Pete Farries are joined by returning comedian Mark Smith to reminisce about the glory of the 2000s and the things we miss most from that wonderful decade.
As always, we finish with another edition of Football Fact or Fiction in which Rich tries to guess which of the many glorious stories about 2000's Footy TV stalwarts Richard Keys and Andy Gray is true.
Make sure you head to www.planetfootball.com
for more 2000s nostalgia, including expanded interviews with many of the show's guests.
- Intro to the show and guests. Rich is old.
- Sharon the eco-warrior (2m 50s)
- THAT music (6m)
- Unknown signings (7m 35s)
- When Stoke's record signing went AWOL (11m 47s)
- Poorly-fitting football shirts (13m 20s)
- When footballers were normal people (14m)
- A time before mobile phones at matches (17m 24s)
- Before spending with reckless abandon got such a bad name (19m 30s)
- The start of glamorous signings in the Premier League (23m 20s)
- Fun Jose Mourinho (23m 50s)
- Nothing new can happen in football. It's finished. (25m 10s)
- The Simpsons following Super Sunday when it was actually Super (25m 53s)
- Strike partnerships (27m 48s)
- Getting away with aggressive tackling (30m 34s)
- Champions League nights on ITV (31m 25s)
- Intertoto Cup (32m 45s)
- Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho (33m 35s)
- Your suggestions: FanZone, England on tour, Player Cam (36m 22s)
- Multiple player unveiling photoshoots (38m 10s)
- Football Fact or Fiction (39m 32s)
You can find all our other episodes here, including our favourite shithouses of the 2000s, Arsenal Invincibles, Leeds in the Champions League semis, Champ Man with Cherno Samba and Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd: https://audioboom.com/channels/5008818
FOLLOW PLANET FOOTBALL:
We’re sponsored by Football Index, the world’s first football stockmarket.
Use the code TBMIndex for a £500 money-back guarantee. New customers only. 18+.