#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
19: Percy Jackson and Hamilton head to Disney+, President Hydro, Quarantine Bingo
May 20, 2020 · 1 hr 18 min
This week's episode is dedicated to Charlie the cat - #ForCharlie! ❤️
- In their latest move toward world domination, Disney+ will be bringing us a Percy Jackson TV series and... *drumroll* 🎶Alexander Hamilton🎶
- Listener feedback has us discussing when we'll be comfortable going back to the movies, and how to deal with a job that is financially comfortable, but mentally draining.
- President Hydroxychloroquine is peddling a new Obama conspiracy theory and thinks he lives in an episode of Star Trek.
- Faux meat sales are up 264% since the pandemic began, and Laura has an unsettling Beyond Meat story.
- The Quarantine Game - how many of these 25 quarantine experiences apply to you?
- A surprise debate takes the panel by storm: is it gross not to shower daily?
- To get a Peloton, or not to get a Peloton? (But really, who tf can afford a Peloton?)
- Twitter is taking steps to let users know when tweets contain disputed or misleading COVID-19 information. These rules allegedly apply to world leaders, but do we believe Trump will be held accountable?
- Instagram is also making some changes, but they're hoping to help you fight the haters: they'll be making it possible to delete comments and block specific accounts from commenting in bulk.
- In honor of the start of summer, we've got some relaxing recommendations: ABC summer game shows (Andrew), Pitch season 1 on Hulu (Pam), and using this time to reconnect with long-lost friends (Laura).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter code MILL for $100 off your first month). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- We took the 16Personalities quiz and got some interesting results. One of our panel is an introvert, and the other two are extroverts. Who do you think got these results?
- We're all turbulent, and we dig into what that means for each of us, and how we all experience imposter syndrome.
- Which celebrities share our personality types? Some of the results are intimidating and... odd.
- We also determine which Harry Potter characters' personalities match our own!