#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
14: Never Shaking Hands Again, Mail-In Voting Drama, Quibi Review
Apr 14, 2020 · 1 hr 15 min
#Millennial is back, and we're playing "Guess Who's Drinking?" on this week's episode. Take a listen and decide who YOU think is hitting the sauce, and email us
with your guess.
- Seriously though, who doesn't hate Comcast? Laura chronicles a days long fight she had with America's most hated internet company to come pick up their damn cable line.
- Bernie Sanders is being all useful and shit by endorsing Joe Biden, meanwhile none of us have left the house.
- The first stimulus payments have begun hitting Americans' bank accounts! If the IRS does not have your direct deposit information, click here to keep an eye on the application for your payment.
- Dr. Fauci says we should never shake hands again, Apple and Google teaming up on some COVID-19 tech that makes a portion of our panel nervous, and 52% of people under the age of 45 have lost a job or had their hours reduced.
- The Republican party is really letting their IDGAF flag fly: widespread resistance to absentee/mail-in voting expansion is looking to be the hot voter suppression approach of 2020.
- The cherry on top? Trump and GOP hoping to let the U.S. Postal Service fail.
- In lighter news, we review the latest streaming app to hit the market, Quibi! Our verdict? Some hits, some misses, time will tell.
- BAE Supporter Pauline wants to know if we think COVID will change the way we decline socialization. "That's my secret, Captain. I always decline socialization."
- It's an entertainment jamboree for this week's recommendations: Mad Men (Andrew), Bong Joon-Ho's "The Host" (Laura), and ‘Saint Cloud’ by Waxahatchee (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by listeners like you. Due to the pandemic, a number of podcast advertisers have had to drastically reduce their ad buys. It makes us so glad to be a listener supported show that we're able to stay afloat in these uncertain times, and we'd love your support. Even a $2 pledge or simply subscribing to the show on your favorite podcasting app really helps us!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available exclusively on Patreon:
- Andrew recounts going "totally Karen" during a battle with an obnoxious human over a parking space.
- We revisit our New Year's Resolutions in an effort to re-define their scope given our current reality.
- Pam has some great ideas for helping Laura achieve her journaling goals!
- "If my mental health calls for cookies, I'm having cookies."