#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
43: Disney+ Released, Coming Clean to Husband, Consequences of Health Habits
Nov 12, 2019 · 1 hr 15 min
- Happy Disney+ launch day! We're so overwhelmed.
- Instagram to start removing like counts in the US this week. Now that we can't #liveforthelike, what does life mean anymore?
Please take our 2020 listener survey! This will help us improve all of our show offerings in 2020.
- We kind of shit talked fast-forwarding through entertainment media, and got some swift corrections from our listeners. Oops!
- Millennials in the Media: the economic consequences of millennials' health habits.
- We talk about the upcoming Vietnam War flick, "Finding Jack" starring... James Dean?
- After last week's Hidden from the Headlines, a listener from Hong Kong provides context and a correction.
- Pam and Laura called it a few weeks ago, and the news confirms: 89% of graduates would spend a week in jail to get their student loan debt cancelled. Not the cancel culture we deserve, but the cancel culture we NEED.
- Is virginity all it's cracked up to be? One confessional writer seeks advice on telling her husband that he's the one who showed her a whole new world. It inspires us to pitch a new Patreon benefit, leading to hilarious results.
- Would you rather... be able to detect any lie you hear, or get away with any lie you tell?
- This week's recommendations: HBO's "His Dark Materials" (Pam), Google Maps' "Remind me when to leave" feature (Andrew), and Dunkin's Beyond Sausage breakfast sandwich (Laura).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Rothy's (https://www.rothys.com/mill to get your new favorite pair of flats), Joybird (https://www.joybird.com/MILLENNIAL25 for 25% off your first order), and ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark:
- Time to talk shit. Brew that tea strong, friends.
- Andrew keeps his vacation destinations secret so he doesn't have to see people.
- Shares of US adults that have cohabitated are now higher than those who have been married. How do our more traditional relatives view cohabitation?
- Don't be all nuanced and reasonable irl and then double down on stupid views on Facebook. Just stop.
- Stop ruining Pam's movie-going experience, Janice!