#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
39: Pam Goes Dark, Instagram Removes Stalking Feed, Confessional Palooza
Oct 15, 2019 · 1 hr 43 min
- Pam has a bone to pick with PG&E over its planned blackouts that left hundreds of thousands without power for days.
- Instagram's removed the Following tab, and now the #Millennial hosts can like dilfs_of_disneyland pics in peace.
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie - did we really need this? Mixed reviews from the panel.
- In light of the ongoing impeachment inquiry, we thought it would be a good opportunity to come clean. Step into the Confessional with us, children.
- What would you do if your partner offered to pay off your student loan debt?
- Does losing your temper with your children make you a bad parent? (No.)
- Should you lock your pets out when it's time to get busy? Listeners are split.
- When you're in a happily polyamorous relationship, how do you deal with judgments from others?
- Why does one listener lie about his Gold Star Gay status?
- One Confessional touches on an almost-hookup with an 18-year-old, which prompts a debate about what denotes an age-appropriate relationship.
- In the age of DNA tests, should there be the ability to opt out of being shown who you're related to?
- This week's feel-good recommendations: Pete Souza (Andrew), CBD Oil (Laura), and 'Wayward Son' by Rainbow Rowell.
- We're sponsored this week by Joybird (https://www.joybird.com/MILLENNIAL25 for 25% off your first furniture order by using the code MILLENNIAL25), ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your new favorite bra), and Rothy's (https://www.rothys.com/mill to get the sustainable shoes you've been waiting for). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available exclusively on Patreon:
- Dealing with flaky friends is a drag, but could there be more going on than meets the eye?
- We share experiences of being flaked on, and cases in which WE have flaked.
- How do you confront that friend who always ghosts you?
- When social anxiety is a factor, what is the best way to coax friends out of their shells?