203: Your Urban Legends XXXX - Maybe it was Crows?
It’s Halloween month, which means we are breaking out some of the best urban legends in our inbox. Cursed buildings, cursed objects, cursed woods. You name it, we’ve got scary urban legends about it!
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of the USSR, loans/debt, possession, spirit binding, curses, pranks, revenge, death, Covid-19, sacrilegious acts, grave robbing, animal bones, serial killers, family member death, insects/dead insects, and science experimentation.
- Recommendation: This week, Julia recommends the movie, Oculus. Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- LIVE SHOW! Go to spiritspodcast.com/live to get your tickets to our digital live show on October 28 at 8 PM ET. Your ticket includes a copy of the video on demand recording of the show, so you can grab a ticket to watch later even if you can’t join live!
- Dipsea is an audio app full of short, sexy stories and wellness sessions that are designed to turn you on and help you get in touch with yourself. Start your 30 day free trial by going to dispseastories.com/spirits
- Skillshare is an online learning community where you can learn—and teach—just about anything. Visit skillshare.com/spirits and the first 1,000 people to use our link will get a free trial of Skillshare Premium Membership! This week Julia recommends “Start Drawing: 3 Fun, Freeing Exercises to Spark Your Creativity” with Carly Kuhn.
- BetterHelp is a secure online counseling service. Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/spirits
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.