#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
32: What Trump's Hiding, Spidey Leaves the MCU, Disney+ Sets Weekly Episodes
Aug 27, 2019 · 1 hr 20 min
- “I took out all of these student loans thinking I’d land a career in my field to pay them back. Welcome to #Millennial!”
- Pam had to wait for it, but she didn’t throw away her shot to finally see Hamilton!
- In a new segment, we talk about the issues the Trump administration hopes we’re too tired to talk about. But we do still have to wonder about dropping nukes into hurricanes.
- The Mailbag features some feedback about topics that struck a nerve: student loans, road rage, and… chicken sandwiches?
- If Tom Holland slings webs at Sony exclusively, does it even count? The ongoing drama between two movie studios that gotta fight for their right to Spiiiiiidey.
- In a shift from Netflix norms, Disney+ has announced they’ll be releasing episodes on a weekly basis instead of dropping everything at once. (Andrew has a lot of feelings here.)
- “Didn’t High School Musical come a little late for our age group?” “Heh heh yeah! Sure! Of course! 👀
- The Amazon rainforest has been burning for three weeks, and we dive into why this is a global problem requiring a global response.
- On top of a bonus recommendation request for top TV shows, this week’s show recommendations are simply delightful: The Rocketman soundtrack (Andrew), Aaron Burr Tea from Adagio Teas (Laura), and SpotHero for parking smarter (Pam).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first purchase of the best bra out there) and FabFitFun (https://www.fabfitfun.comand enter coupon code MILL for $10 off your first box of full-size luxury beauty, health, fitness, and lifestyle products. #Millennial is a #fabfitfunpartner!) Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- Part 2 of AskMillennial: Laura finds the most random questions on the internet edition.
- We all share our “fuck this, I’m out” moments, raising questions about how anti-social we can all be.
- Laura and Pam go off on a tangent about their girlhood diaries and the most embarrassing revelations to come out of them.
- What things regularly happen today that would horrify someone from 100 years ago (apart from the obvious answers of “interracial relationships” and “women and PoC voting”)?