#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
31: Streaming Price Hikes, Student Debt Stats (Why Weren't We Warned?), WTF News
Aug 20, 2019 · 1 hr 33 min
- Wilting in the August heat? Proceed to your nearest air conditioned space and chill with a new episode of #Millennial!
- The show kicks off with a round of Laura’s rage of the week, beverage inventions, and space dildos.
- In the Mailbag, Nicky sets us straight on our reborn dolls discussion last week, and Amy helps Andrew reduce his dependence on technology.
- Spotify is reportedly planning to test price spikes on their Premium subscriptions in select countries. How much would you pay for your Spotify membership?
- Would brand loyalty keep subscribers on Spotify’s side? Will a price hike benefit artists?
- The Number is back this week, with a Student Loan edition. What does the latest data say about the United States’ 37 million borrowers?
- Laura and Pam share real-world examples of how student debt can literally mess with your head, and Andrew is relieved to have pursued a budget-friendly education.
- Surprise Bitch! caller Catie tells us about her current house hunting experience and we invite ourselves over to look at Redfin with her.
- In some WTF News: man proposes using a cow teat, the ultimate Pokemon Go match is interrupted by an officer, TSA bullies, and a man dies after participating in a taco eating contest.
- Recommendations range from classy to weird this week: Stich Fix (Andrew), Turbo Snake (Laura), and ‘Circe’ by Madeline Miller (Pam).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Joybird (https://www.joybird.com/MILLENNIAL25for 25% off your first order), Rothy’s (https://www.rothys.com/mill for your new favorite pair of flats), and ZipRecruiter (https://www.ziprecruiter.com/millennial to try ZipRecruiter for FREE!). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- AskMillennial: where we find the most bizarre questions on the internet and use them to learn more about each other.
- What have we always wondered about the opposite sex? What name would we specifically avoid giving to our children?
- Pam shares a near-death experience story, while Laura gets weird and answers a certain question with another question.