#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
#5x21: Passive-Aggressive Roommates, Everest Solutions, The End of Robocalls and iTunes
Jun 4, 2019 · 1 hr 31 min
- We return from Memorial Day to find our entire panel has officially entered our 30s. Happy birthday, Andrew!
- What did we do over the break? Andrew honky tonked, Pam low-key went to Italy, and Laura got microderm and has a soft-as-a-baby’s-ass face now.
- The Mailbag is back, and we give advice about dealing with passive-aggressive roomies, get advice from a 12-year-old English free running boi, empathize with the terror of a workplace shooting threat, and hear feedback from a listener after our baby name discussion a couple of weeks ago.
- In the news: Hollywood is threatening to pull out of Georgia if its new draconian abortion bill passes, the US Senate passes a law to cut down on robocalls, iTunes is soon to meet its maker, and a record number of climbers have died scaling Mt. Everest this season.
- Should Democrats appear on FOX News? The panel discusses and theorizes that perhaps there is a strategy at play here.
- This one’s for you, Scott! Our host recommendations are definitely gonna make you go looking for dimmable light switches (Andrew), get your smooth face on with microdermabrasion (Laura), and tune into Netflix’s “When They See Us” (Pam).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Rothy’s (https://www.rothys.com/mill), FabFitFun (https://www.fabfitfun.com and enter code MILL to get $10 off your first box), and The New Yorker (https://www.newyorker.com/MILLENNIAL to get 12 weeks of The New Yorker for $6 plus an exclusive tote bag). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- MuggleSuck is back!
- Our old boss is trying to rebrand himself as a Twitter Philosopher. (Wait, is he actually a boss if he didn’t pay us?)
- We analyze his nuggets of wisdom, such as “when you go into the DMV you’re just a number” and “overestimate your success to attract investors.” Next he’ll be telling us not to ask what our country can do for us, but what we can do for… you know the rest.
- We make a reveal about a parody account from long ago.