#Millennial: Pretend Adulting, Real Talk
#5x07: And The Worst Oscars Goes To...
Feb 19, 2019 · 1 hr 12 min
- The government lives to fight another day, as does #Millennial.
- Andrew’s HOA is too involved, Laura’s isn’t involved enough, and Pam has become a personal chef! (For her dog)
- “Uncle Joe, don’t run,” we imagine President Obama casually mentioning on his most recent brodate with Joe Biden. (Note: This episode was recorded before Bernie's announcement)
- The Confessional makes a return with an unsettling childhood memory and an equally unsettling Valentine’s Day gift.
- What has Kevin Hart, a Best Popular Film category, and Laura’s viewership? Not this year’s Oscars!
- That said, 2018 was a good year for women in film… unless you’re Marvel, which is just now releasing its first female-led blockbuster. Womp womp.
- According to a survey conducted by Yale and George Mason Universities, most Americans believe in climate change, but don’t feel the emotional urgency they ~perhaps~ ABSOLUTELY should.
- After several failed attempts (seriously, answer your phones people!) we reach Baila and her husband, who reveal they have a mixed-political marriage.
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Joybird (https://www.joybird.com/millennial for 25% off your first order using code MILLENNIAL), Zola (https://www.zola.com/mill for a free wedding website and $50 off a Zola registry), and BioClarity (https://www.bioclarity.com and enter code MIL for a free clarifying masque with the purchase of a skincare routine). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- In light of some of the questionable details surrounding the reported hate crime perpetrated against Empire star Jussie Smollett, Pam fills us in on a case of a false hate crime accusation from her hometown.
- Our jury may still be out on the Smollett case, but we cover the litany of ways in which false accusations set social movements back and scar communities.
- The Number: THIS MANY people are three months or more behind on their car payments, a new record.
- Could we see ourselves starting GoFundMe’s during a period of financial hardship?