Welcome to Back to School, a mini series from The Sizzle Podcast.Back to School episodes see guests take a time machine trip back to their experiences of education. We discuss memories from primary school (4-11 years), secondary school (11-16 years) and 16+ years. Then we think about how these experiences might have shaped guest’s views on education and the workplace.In this episode, I talk with Bukky Yusuf. Bukky is a Secondary Science Teacher with over 20 years experience. She is a currently a Deputy Head teacher in a specialist school, as well as a teacher trainer, Consultant and Qualified Coach.We discussed a lot, including the following themes:
* Expectations around achievement
* The student rumour mill in school
* Loving strict teachers
* How to balance talking to pupils: like a child or like an adult?
* Should education be fun?
* Expectations vs reality x student names
* Social perceptions as a child
* The importance of “taking a student how they are”
* The power of being seen
* What a rondelle bead is
You can find Bukky here:LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bukky-yusuf-teach-lead-coach/Twitter/X: @rondelle10_b