When it comes to investing in single-family homes, it's about the market and understanding the location. Does it have what you want—cash flow, appreciation, or a combination of the two? Today, Clint Coons of Anderson Business Advisors talks to Marco Santarelli about passive real estate investing and single-family properties. Marco is the founder and CEO of Norada Real Estate Investments, a nationwide provider of turnkey cash-flow investment properties. Also, he’s the author of Passive Real Estate Investing and host of the Passive Real Estate Investing Podcast. Marco is on a mission to create wealth and passive income by giving people a path to financial freedom with real estate.
- Why did Marco become an out-of-state real estate investor? Competition and high prices forced him out of his market. Investing in markets miles away made more sense.
- Why invest in only red or blue states? As far as returns go, a lot of that has to do with property or state taxes, or unintended consequences of policies from politicians.
- How many new investors are going to be interested in investing in that market in the future? None. In California, they’re intentionally trying to destroy the rental market.
- What’s Marco’s criteria when finding properties? It's not always and only about the property. When investing, take a macro view of things.
- What are Marco’s Rules of Successful Real Estate Investing? No. 6 is to take a top-down approach. Select real estate markets that align with your investment goals.
- With real estate, are there enough opportunities? The United States has more than 400 major metropolitan statistical areas and large regions.
- Is all real estate local? There's truth in that. Some even think all real estate is not just local, but hyper-local.
- What are the ABCs of ‘hot’ markets, right now? Atlanta, Baltimore, Carlton, and Dallas. When it comes to making investments, it’s all market data-driven.
- Can Marco’s business actually source properties for people? Yes, that's one of the many value-added services. People and properties make his business work.
- What criteria does Marco consider? What’s his process for helping investors? Everything always starts with a strategy session. It's free and takes 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the level of complexity and questions asked.
- Why is Marco not a fan of the one-stop-shop concept? There are different resources available to investors, including lenders, property managers, title companies, home inspectors, appraisers, asset protection attorneys, CPAs, and tax advisers.
Free Book: https://www.noradarealestate.com/freebook/
Free Strategy Session: https://www.noradarealestate.com/contact
10 Rules of Successful Real Estate Investing
Section 8 Housing
Anderson Advisors Tax and Asset Protection Event
Anderson Advisors on YouTube