We have a very special interview with Jimmy Coltrane and he performs a track live off his upcoming project Scorpions. Our favorite bodega moves to the Tucson Mall, Ynot drops a track with the king and we talk a whole bunch of podcasting on this episode of The Mankind Podcast.
We want to shed some light on the rest of Tucson’s vibrant podcast community, you may not know but there’s a wide variety of shows available that are produced entirely by Tucsonans in the old pueblo. Now, this is in no way the entire list but I wanted to talk about and spotlight shows that include hip-hop in their format.
◦ Tucson’s number one podcast The Science of Things is back with season 10 and a couple of new cohosts in Roch and Bonus. Runt tells all the stories and good times had by all as they’re recording out of Thunder Canyon brewery.
◦ The Hood Diner Is one of our favorite places to hear hip-hop interviews, news and more the homey Kazual was in California this time and being featured on the no offense show which is part of the inner circle podcast network listen to all their episodes at thehooddiner.com
◦ POD by Mac-Sama, Tim and Mac drink whiskey talk sports and call Aske in Denver
◦ V3 podcast is a YouTube podcast featuring 3 rappers with “V” in their names. Rachel V aka Bonita Fea, Ill V, and Nathan Villins. They talk about hip-hop and interview people.
◦ Cholostereo by Miguel from lower Arizona leaked a piece of their interview with the incredible Jabee
◦ Selves Talking is produced and hosted by Happy Greg, profiling some of the most prolific artists and activists in the community.
◦ Kendra After Dark drops new episodes every Saturday talking about everything going on in the mmj industry and interviewing the amazing people involved.
◦ I also want to give an honorable mention to a couple of shows that haven’t released an episode in a while but are still Tucson treasures and those are "It’s OK They're With Us" by Cash Lansky and Ripdee. Where they talked about food and hip-hop and the scene and had a lot of fun doing it. And Wounded World podcast, John interviewed rappers before he left for the Navy but you can still find his most recent episode with Lasso, a truly epic one on SoundCloud
◦ I’d also like to mention brother Marcus of Stand-Up Radio who continues to do his thing every week and Arkana ENT has recently dropped AZUR that’s Arizona Underrated radio and they both play tracks from the community find them on Facebook and submit your songs
◦ If you’ve got your radio edit together submit your songs to Speakerbox X hip hop on 99.1 downtown radio every Sunday at 1 PM your host VRiv plays the hottest underground hip-hop and talks to the best in the community. don’t forget to check out the Speakerbox X podcast that drops reviews about local music and new national releases with her cohost Jimmy Coltrane.
◦ And every Wednesday at midnight EL Aaron brings you Blazing Midnight Hits on 91.3 KXCI community radio and he also gets down with the Tucson hip-hop spinning the best tracks and interviewing the old Pueblo’s finest.