02. What is Dance/Movement Psychotherapy and How Does It Work?
Dance/Movement Psychotherapy isn't a well known form of psychotherapy, but it is the primary way in which Bodyful Healing supports black women living with depression. In this episode, Jennifer Sterling, registered dance/movement psychotherapist, holistic nutritionist, and creator of Bodyful Healing discusses:
* What dance/movement psychotherapy is.
* The psychological theories she incorporates into her practice and work with clients and patients.
* The difference between dance/movement psychotherapy and a dance class.
* What you might experience in a dance/movement psychotherapy session.
If you like what you hear, feel free to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @bodyfulhealing. You can also check out our website: www.thebodyfulhealingproject.com for more information about dance/movement psychotherapy and to book a session with Jennifer Sterling, R-DMT, LCAT-lp.
This episode includes The Town Shops' "Befun" as well as music from Blue Dot Sessions.