Helene Jelenc is an American Anthropologist that in 2013 decided to move abroad and has been living and traveling in Europe since then. She has a travel blog called The Wandering Helene, where she documents her experience of living and traveling around Europe.
In this episode Helene and I talk about:
- Benefits of Local Tourism.
- Why Local Travel is far more sustainable.
- Connecting with your community, and its subcultures.
- The importance of tapping into a tourist mindset when you are in your hometown.
- The local multiplier effect, and how the money you spend in a specific community multiplies the infrastructure of that same community.
- Tips on exploring locally, and how to leverage social media to do so.
To connect with Helene:
Her website: wanderinghelene.com
Her Instagram: @wanderinghelene
To connect with me: