In this episode, Foti Panagiotakopoulos joins me. He is the VP for Growth at euroVPS and also the founder of GrowthMentor. In the show, Foti talks about how he started his career as the only non-technical hire at a very technical company. He shares how he used this opportunity to create and shape the role that it is now.
He also shares the challenges he experienced and how he tackled these in a very surprising way. Take a listen and find out how!
- It's okay to make mistakes, as long as you are learning from them, and not making the same mistakes again.
- Learn from everything you do
- Don't underestimate the importance of building relationships and networking
- Take pride in doing the hands-on "dirty work". This teaches you the importance of doing things in the right way
- Be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Once you know what your strengths are, double-down in them
- Break down your goals into achievable pieces that you can complete and tick off your list
- Create more than you consume
- Learning on-the-fly is a great way to pick up and build the skills and knowledge that you need
- Bootstrapping is a great way to get things started
- Don't spread yourself too thinly
Foti recommends reading Blue Ocean Strategy by W Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne.
Support the show
Connect with Foti
You can connect with and learn more about Foti by visiting his LinkedIn page. Find out more about euroVPS and GrowthMentor.
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/agile-career/message