In this episode, Jessica Pybus joins me to talk about the importance of understanding yourself. Jessica shares how she used this skill to make choices when choosing a career direction, when making tough career decisions, and when growing her career. She talks about how knowing your strengths and weaknesses and how this allows you to focus on what you need to.
Jessica also shares how understanding herself has enabled her to understand others, and why this is an important skill to master in the modern workplace.
- Knowing what you don't want to do can be as important as knowing what you do want to do
- Know and understand your strengths. Once you have done this, you can apply those strengths more effectively
- You don't have to push yourself to know 100% of everything
- But you do need to sufficiently understand important things enough so that you can easily explain them to others
- Curiosity is an important transferable skill because it helps you improve things around you and helps understand others in a better way
- Bringing people together is an invaluable transferable skill and will serve you well in any situation
- Always ask questions. Don't be afraid to speak out and don't be afraid to contribute your ideas
Jessica recommends reading Insight: How to Succeed by Seeing Yourself Clearly by Tasha Eurich
Connect with JessicaSupport the show
Listeners can learn more about Jessica and connect with her on LinkedIn
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/agile-career/message