In this episode of The Agile Career Podcast, I speak to Romey Jacketts, who after a career of 26 years with British Airways started her own business. In the show, Romey talks about the wealth of available opportunities, making the most of these opportunities, and using them throughout her career and life. Romey also shares some of the setbacks that she faced and how she dealt with these.
- Make the most of the opportunities given to you, even if these are not prescribed or compulsory
- Don't expect someone else to do, what you wouldn't do yourself
- Think about what is stopping you from achieving your goals
- Once you have achieved your goals, set some more
- Identify the skills you are missing and find a way to learn these
- Be able to admit that we don't know all the answers, but can work together to find them
- There are skills that you already have, that you don't even realise
- "Everybody has a choice. You can choose to do something, or you can choose not to do something"
Romey recommends reading:
Music Recommended Support the show
Romey also recommended the following piece of music that she finds motivational, especially in challenging times. Optimistic by Sounds of Blackness.
Connect with Romey
Listeners can learn more about, and connect with Romey via her LinkedIn profile.
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/agile-career/message