In this episode of Brex in the Black, we go over basic budgeting at a startup. Some of the points we cover are:
- What are budgets?
- When should you do them?
- Why does your startup need a budget?
- Who should be involved in startup budgeting? In beginning just finance person and founders, small group
- How does it progress?
- How are budgets affected when you introduce OKRs and OKR planning
- Then roll out full budget templates
- Income statement and key revenue metrics - actual, expected, variance, explanation of variance
Get the episode transcription here: brex.com/brexintheblack/episode-17/
You can sign up for Brex here brex.com