Welcome to the Self Storage Lab — where we deconstruct how operators are adapting to today’s technology-driven landscape and how it might impact your business.
Even with facility occupancy at all-time highs this year, operators should be exploring fresh ways to market their facilities. Even in a booming market, you can build momentum and capitalize on the steady demand.
By embracing new Email Marketing concepts, you can stay ahead of the curve, engage new tenants, and educate customers on your facility amenities and company news.
We breakdown how it affects Operators and Customers alike, what to look for when making a decision, and discuss some tools you can use to streamline your Email Marketing.
- The benefits of Email Marketing
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- List Building
- What to track and what not to track
- Segmentation and Personalization at scale
- Community Building
- Email Reputation
- Email Marketing Pet Peeves
- What is Email Marketing
- Overview of the Best Practices for Email Marketing
The importance of a checklist before sending a campaign
Designing your Email and Leveraging Templates
- Audience and List Building
- Is it worth buying a list?
Criteria operators should identify to meaningfully segment their audience
Leveraging Email Marketing to test content
Your secret weapon: Facility waitlists!!
List Health tools: Litmus and Sender Score
- Transactional vs Marketing Emails
- Content Segmentation
The importance of having a campaign goal
Example email campaigns
Don’t be afraid of the Unsubscribe button!
- What to Measure
- Top KPIs every operator should measure
A/B Testing as a tool
It is critical to understand your main driver
UTM parameters and link tracking
- Best times to engage your list
- Using data and parallel industry benchmarks to help inform you
- Top Email Marketing Players
- SBOA’s newsletter template
StoragePug’s shareable content
Learns from Extra Space and Public Storage
Superhuman and Sketch as Case Studies
- Tools and recommendations
- An Operator’s decision and purchase checklist
Top features to look out for when purchasing
swivl’s email marketing tech stack: Mandrill/Mailchimp, Sendgrid, FMS integrations
E-commerce as a case study: Klaviyo, Active Campaign
Generative AI tools: Copy.ai
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/selfstoragelab/message