Jan 13, 2023
We spend a majority of the today’s show nerding out about ChatGPT’s technology in general, discuss some philosophical questions, use cases, and it’s limitations.
If you want to get right to the meat of how this affects the self storage industry - fast forward to 50m30s
The rest of the following show notes were *** WRITTEN BY ChatGPT ***
In this episode, we will be discussing the latest breakthrough in language technology, GPT-3, and its impact on the self-storage industry. GPT-3, which stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3, is an autoregressive language model developed by OpenAI that uses deep learning to produce human-like text. The model was launched in November 2022 and reached 1 million users just five days after its initial launch.
Segment 1: What the heck is GPT-3?
* GPT-3 is a large language model that predicts the probable sequence of words. It was trained on a massive corpus of text with more than 175 billion parameters and was taught how to pick up on writing patterns by analyzing millions of conversations.
* The model has an input layer, where the user inputs a prompt, and an output layer, where the model generates a response that sounds "human-like."
* GPT-3 is based on the GPT-3.5 architecture, which includes three models: text-davinci-002, trained by supervised fine-tuning on human-written demonstration, and samples rated 7/7 by human labelers on overall quality scores, and the most recent text-davinci-003, which includes reinforcement learning with human feedback (RLHF), a reward-based model trained on comparisons by humans.
Segment 2: How did GPT-3 get so smart?
* GPT-3 is the latest iteration in a series of models, including GPT and GPT-2.
* The model's intelligence is derived from a massive corpus of text with more than 175 billion parameters.
* Beyond GPT-3, what does the future hold?
Segment 3: Use cases
* Some examples of GPT-3's capabilities include sending and responding to emails, writing cover letters, building Excel formulas, and creating creative projects such as poems and short stories.
Segment 4: Limitations
* GPT-3's limitations include its inability to distinguish between bullshit and reality, its lack of understanding of math, and the fact that the code it generates may not always run correctly.
Segment 5: Impact on the Self-Storage Industry
* GPT-3's advancements may affect technologies and processes such as Property Management Systems (PMS), the analysis of BI databases, and call centers/customer support.
* Specific use cases in the self-storage industry include generating emails and messages, sales pitches, and responses to Google reviews.
* It can be eerie as to how human-like GPT-3's responses can sound, but it still has errors.
***END CHAT GPT***
Tips and Tricks to using chatGPT:
OpenAI Alignment Research
OpenAI Moderation Tool
The AI Revolution | Wait But Why
--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/selfstoragelab/message