Episode 8 baby. Feeling Great. We are back and excited to have one of our faves, Lauren Milburn on the show. She is opening up to us about her personal experience with eating disorders. Society has made it hard AF to live up to the expectations of what women should look like and apparently CARBS are BAD. GTFO. Healthy eating and exercise is the answer and Lauren is the epitome of that. We think this is a kick ass topic and something that everybody should listen to. As always we keep it real, raw, and relatable. Love ya, Mean it.
Go follow @letters_and_lifting
- Anderson, C. M., Hawkins, R. P., Freeman, K. A., & Scotti, J. R. (2000). Private events: Do they belong in a science of human behavior? The Behavior Analyst, 23(1), 1-10.
- Snyder, K., Lambert, J., & Twohig, M. P. (2011). Defusion: A behavior-analytic strategy for addressing private events. Behavior Analysts in Practice, 4(2), 4-13.
- Taylor, I., & O’Reilly, M. F. (1997). Toward a functional analysis of private verbal self-regulation. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 30(1), 43-58.
Eating Disorders and Behavior Analysis
- Beatiz Meyer, S. (2008). Functional behavior analysis of eating disorders. Journal of Behavior Analysis in Health, Sports, Fitness and Medicine,1(1), 26-33.
- Lappalainen, R., & Tuomisto, M. T. (2005). Functional behavior analysis of anorexia nervosa: Application to clinical practice. The Behavior Analyst Today,6(3), 166-177.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy/RFT
- Blackledge, J. T. (2003). An introduction to relational frame theory: Basics and applications. The Behavior Analyst Today, 3(4), 421-433.
- Harris, R. (2006). Embracing your demons: An overview of acceptance and commitment therapy. Psychotherapy in Australia, 12(4), 2-8.
- Harris, R. (2013). The illustrated happiness trap: How to stop struggling and start living. Boulder, CO: Shambhala Publications, Inc.
- Torneke, N. (2010). Learning RFT: An introduction to relational frame theory and its clinical application. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications, Inc.
- The Happiness Trap: Stop Struggling and Start Living Russ Harris
Lifting and Behavior Analysis
- Moore, J. W., & Quintero, L. M. (1997). Comparing forward and backward chaining in teaching Olympic weightlifting. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 52(1), 50-59.
Right to Effective Treatment
- Van Houten, R., Axelrod, S., Bailey, J. S., Favell, J. E., Foxx, R.M., Iwata, B.A., & Lovaas, O. I. (1988). The right to effective behavioral treatment. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 21(4), 381-384.