In this Episode, I speak with Narayan Thammaiah, Venture Partner at Accel, one of the leading Venture Funds of the Country!
Narayan is an expert People's Practitioner and a Founder Coach, who works closely with the Portfolio Companies at Accel.
Through this Episode, I speak to Narayan about a variety of concepts centred around the core of "Building People". These concepts range from attracting great talent, hiring the founding team, dealing with conflicts at the workplace, employee branding and much more! Tune in, as we get some amazing insights from the amazing Narayan!
We discuss the following during the Episode :
1. (3:26) - Viewpoint on the Indian Startup Ecosystem
2. (4:51) - Culture in the Indian Valley
3. (7:33) - Narayan's Professional Journey
4. (10:46) - The Venture Building Model Explained
5. (14:05) - Hiring the Founding Team, What to look For? (Agility, Hustle, Problem Solving and Chemistry with the founders)
6. (18:06) - Operator Perspective to Joining an Early Stage
7. (20:41) - The Specialists vs Generalists Question! (23:52) - Freshers vs Experienced Folks
8. (28:42) - How to retain early employees at Growth Stage? The Emotional Connect & Human Touch!
9. (33:39) - How do founders attract great talent ? Create a Brand as a Founder! (36:50) - Employee Branding!
10. (40:47) - How do Founders ensure evolving Culture at Scale? Walk the Talk!
11. (44:53) - Traditional HR vs Startup HR, (48:30) - Dealing with Conflicts in the Workplace
12. (51:19) - Qualitative Learnings from Narayan's Journey - Keep an Open Mind & Listen!!
13. (52:49) - Dealing with the Lows in Life, (56:02) - What makes great Founders?
14. (57:05) - Summary of the Episode!
Please check all of Narayan's blogs at - https://www.seedtoscale.com/blog-theme/organisation-leadership !
Subscribe to our WhatsApp Newsletter!