Groww is building an investing platform for the millennial generation of our country. One of the leading Fin-Tech startups of the country, Groww is backed by some of the largest institutional investors from across the world including Y Combinator, Sequoia Capital, Ribbit Capital and others. An extremely wonderful and stimulating application making it easier and more accessible to invest, Groww is certainly out to solve for the lack of penetration of investing in the country.
Lalit Keshre is a distinguished young leader who has always had the Entrepreneurial persona in him. An alumnus of the distinguished IIT Bombay, Lalit has had startup experience by his own and through Flipkart before starting Groww in 2016.
Through this Episode we discuss the following:
1. (3:09) : The problem statement of Groww & building conviction to work on it!
2. (5:40) : Learnings from Lalit's journey at Flipkart
3. (7:06) : The 0 to 1 for Groww
4. (8:27) : Early customer Obsession & reading the signals
5. (10:07) : The Content Strategy at Groww
6. (11:34) : Realising PMF Exists
7. (13:15) : Competitive Landscape & Mindset
8. (15:26) : Optimising team journeys
9. (17:10) : Execution v/s Strategy
10. (19:46) : Product Thinking through Lalit's lens
11. (21:40) : Founder's are always hiring!
12. (23:50) : Technical nuances in building Groww
13. (25:08) : Lalit's Founder Persona
14. (26:42) : Decision Making framework for Lalit
15. (29:25) : Thinking in terms of downside & upside
16. (31:00) : The role of Fear in the Founder journey
17. (33:56) : Bridging the learning arbitrage in the ecosystem
18. (36:35) : Surrounding yourself with the right people
19. (38:12) : How should founders look at Personal Finance?
20. (41:49) : Final parting learnings
Here is the 38th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Customer Obsession!
Thank you all for tuning into this Episode!
"If you never try, you never know"