S3. E7. - Crisis Comms with Anna Rogan
At the time of recording this episode, the world is experiencing a one in a hundred year event with the global pandemic that is COVID-19. Businesses all over the planet are struggling with many things – the most noticeable from the outside being their communication.
So this week, we invited a crisis comms expert on the podcast to guide us all through approaching business comms when things get turned upside down.
Anna Rogan is a foolhardy olive farmer and stubbornly creative copywriter who specialises in personality-driven website and email copy for small biz owners.
Anna has a BA in psychology, a post-grad in writing and a decade-long career in comms and media roles for some pretty big brands under her belt. And though she hails from a background in crisis comms, these days she mainly writes for purpose-driven, heart-led, socially-conscious small business owners and entrepreneurs.
In this episode we talked about:
• The standard format to follow when crafting crisis comms.
• Tapping into empathy to guide communication during a crisis – especially for businesses that tend to be more transactional.
• Finding the balance in your comms between business as usual and ‘business unusual’.
• Respecting brand tone of voice during a crisis.
• Tips for communicating with teams and stakeholders when you’re working remotely.
Find Anna here: