Dan Rosen is the Founder & General Partner at Commerce Ventures. Commerce Ventures is a sector-focused VC fund, which invests in infrastructure and enablers for the Commerce Continuum: Shop (Retail), Spend (Payments), Save (Banking/Investing), Secure (Insurance).
In this episode, we talk about:
- Building a sector-specific firm
- Difference between sector-specific and sector-agnostic firms
- Difference between 'Commerce' & 'Fintech'
- Sub-sectors within Commerce - Shop, Spend, Save, Secure
- Trends in the Commerce sector
- Hosting a pitch competition at Money 20/20 for startups focused on financial inclusion
Links mentioned in the episode:
Commerce Ventures website: https://commerce.vc/
Follow Dan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/venturedan
Pitch at email@example.com
Hosted by Prashant Choubey - https://twitter.com/ChoubeySahab
Full episode blog & video at https://vc10x.com/commerce-ventures