Anna Lebaron shares her story of becoming someone who lives a Big Life. Anna is One of more than fifty children of infamous, polygamist cult leader, Ervil LeBaron, Anna LeBaron endured abandonment, horrific living conditions, child labor, and sexual grooming. At age thirteen, she escaped the violent cult, gave her life to Christ, and sought healing. A gifted communicator and personal growth activist, she's passionate about helping others walk in freedom. Anna lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and loves being Mom to five grown children and Yaya to a brand new granddaughter.
I invited Anna to be a gust on Dialed IN! for 800 different reasons! I believe that anyone who carries around hurt and pain (which is basically all of us) can relate to her story. Not only did she overcome a horrific start in life but she has this amazing ability to harvest the good. Anna has a great sense of humor, she seeks out the joy in life, she goes out of her way to be kind and encouraging to others. She is a successful author and sought after speaker. Anna also helps others market effectively with social media, launches books and has a program to help writers share their stories. She also does cross-fit which makes her a total badass!
Our conversation went several direction and I know you will learn so much from Anna!
Here are some key take-away's I had:
1. Healing is possible - even with extreme trauma
2. Healing takes courage...but on the other side, is FREEDOM
3. The coping skills we use to hide and operate with the pain we carry also provide us with the strength we need to heal.
4. The only way to overcome is to go through. Unpack your backpack of pain/hurt.
5. Take the first step: Tell someone who is safe and has earned the right to hear your story or begin by writing your story out. Anna says that it's important to get the story outside of you so you can look at it differently.
>>Anna wants to know what impacted you from this podcast. She challenged you to take a screenshot and tell her on FB or IG what you learned..
Connect with Anna on her website and be sure to sign up for her mailing list. She is recording a new podcast with her sister in a few weeks and you can stay up to date with what she is doing by being part of her mailing list.
Don't forget to subscribe to DIaled IN! so you don't miss an episode!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/bethanyclem/message